Saturday, July 25, 2009

Confessions of a Book Hunter



I love books for a variety of reasons. I like collecting them, and I would never read a novel in ebook form because I love the tactile feel of paper on my fingers. I like the company of books, I love being surrounded by them and I'm a bit surprised I didn't end up a librarian.

Though my Aunt Baby is a librarian at the biggest University library in Iloilo; my uncle Herman, a lawyer, was a voracious reader who up to his death was reading classic spy pageturners. My parents never read for leisure and would often dissuade me from reading books, they fear reading would damage my eyesight. Perhaps it has to a degree.

I'm not the Academic literary sort, nor am I a book critic or a teacher among other things. So forgive me, if my book selection may not be so ideal. I just want to blog about my book finds, share my treasures. I frequent Book Sale (all possible branches) and Bargain books (Waltermart and Market! Market! Mall). I take my 5 year old son with me and I leave him looking for his own set of books at the children books section. He drags me home by sundown.

No comments:

Post a Comment